Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 21:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.53 meters/second, 1542.7 km/hour, 958.6 miles/hour or 833.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.3"||958.33 mi||West||0° 06' 27.2"||7.40 mi||South||958.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 32.5"||765.39 mi||East||2° 58' 29.0"||204.54 mi||South||797.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 7:00 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 7:00 AM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||SE|
|Colonia||Tue 7:00 AM||905 km||562 miles||488 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Tue 6:00 AM||1261 km||784 miles||681 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Tue 6:00 AM||1940 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Tue 6:00 AM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Tue 6:00 AM||1969 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||NNW|
|Davao||Tue 5:00 AM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||WSW|
|Osaka||Tue 6:00 AM||1980 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Tue 6:00 AM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.