Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 9:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 21:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.61 meters/second, 1543.0 km/hour, 958.8 miles/hour or 833.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.4"||958.52 mi||West||0° 06' 29.0"||7.43 mi||South||958.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 30.1"||765.49 mi||East||2° 59' 09.1"||205.31 mi||South||798.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colonia||Tue 7:20 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 7:20 AM||1071 km||665 miles||578 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Tue 6:20 AM||1093 km||679 miles||590 nm||S|
|Davao||Tue 5:20 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Tue 5:20 AM||1583 km||984 miles||855 nm||W|
|Manila||Tue 5:20 AM||1594 km||990 miles||861 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 5:20 AM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||SW|
|Taipei||Tue 5:20 AM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||WNW|
|Kumamoto||Tue 6:20 AM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||NNW|
|Fukuoka||Tue 6:20 AM||1874 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.