Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 8, 2012 at 10:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 8, 2012 at 22:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.82 meters/second, 1543.8 kilometres/hour, 959.2 miles/hour or 833.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||South||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.7"||959.00 mi||West||0° 06' 33.4"||7.52 mi||South||959.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 24.5"||765.76 mi||East||3° 00' 49.6"||207.22 mi||South||798.96 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tuguegarao||Tue 6:10 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||WNW|
|Tarlac City||Tue 6:10 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||WSW|
|Quezon||Tue 6:10 AM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||SW|
|Mabalacat||Tue 6:10 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||SW|
|Angeles||Tue 6:10 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SW|
|Manila||Tue 6:10 AM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||SW|
|Cabuyao||Tue 6:10 AM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||SW|
|Olongapo||Tue 6:10 AM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||SW|
|Kaohsiung||Tue 6:10 AM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||NNW|
|Cebu City||Tue 6:10 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.