Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 6:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.01 meters/second, 1551.7 kilometres/hour, 964.2 miles/hour or 837.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.8"||963.91 mi||West||0° 07' 17.0"||8.35 mi||South||964.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 39.1"||768.80 mi||East||3° 17' 18.0"||226.08 mi||South||807.09 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Tue 6:34 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||SW|
|Niamey||Tue 7:34 AM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||S|
|Fada N'gourma||Tue 6:34 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||SSW|
|Timbuktu||Tue 6:34 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||W|
|Ouahigouya||Tue 6:34 AM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||SW|
|Sokoto||Tue 7:34 AM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Tue 6:34 AM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||SW|
|Kandi||Tue 7:34 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||SSE|
|Koudougou||Tue 6:34 AM||616 km||383 miles||332 nm||SW|
|Natitingou||Tue 7:34 AM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.