Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 7:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 07:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.13 meters/second, 1552.1 kilometres/hour, 964.4 miles/hour or 838.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.9"||964.17 mi||West||0° 07' 19.1"||8.39 mi||South||964.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 37.3"||768.97 mi||East||3° 18' 07.7"||227.03 mi||South||807.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Tue 7:00 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||ENE|
|Ouahigouya||Tue 7:00 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Tue 7:00 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Tue 7:00 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SSE|
|Bamako||Tue 7:00 AM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SW|
|Ouagadougou||Tue 7:00 AM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||SE|
|Sikasso||Tue 7:00 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||S|
|Dori||Tue 7:00 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||ESE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Tue 7:00 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||S|
|Korhogo||Tue 7:00 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.