Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 7:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.17 meters/second, 1552.2 km/hour, 964.5 miles/hour or 838.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.9"||964.27 mi||West||0° 07' 19.9"||8.40 mi||South||964.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 36.7"||769.04 mi||East||3° 18' 26.8"||227.39 mi||South||807.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bamako||Tue 7:10 AM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||SSW|
|Timbuktu||Tue 7:10 AM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||E|
|Koutiala||Tue 7:10 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SSE|
|Tidjikja||Tue 7:10 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||WNW|
|Sikasso||Tue 7:10 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Tue 7:10 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||ESE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Tue 7:10 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||SSE|
|Koudougou||Tue 7:10 AM||677 km||420 miles||365 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Tue 7:10 AM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||SE|
|Gabú||Tue 7:10 AM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.