Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.22 meters/second, 1552.4 km/hour, 964.6 miles/hour or 838.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.08 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||south||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.9"||964.37 mi||west||0° 07' 20.8"||8.42 mi||south||964.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 36.0"||769.11 mi||east||3° 18' 46.0"||227.76 mi||south||807.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Tue 7:20 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||NW|
|Bamako||Tue 7:20 AM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||SSE|
|Tambacounda||Tue 7:20 AM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Tue 7:20 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||SE|
|Gabú||Tue 7:20 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Rosso||Tue 7:20 AM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||W|
|Sikasso||Tue 7:20 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||SE|
|Touba||Tue 7:20 AM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||WSW|
|Bafatá||Tue 7:20 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||SW|
|Farafenni||Tue 7:20 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.