Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 7:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 07:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.24 meters/second, 1552.5 kilometres/hour, 964.6 miles/hour or 838.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.0"||964.41 mi||West||0° 07' 21.1"||8.43 mi||South||964.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 35.8"||769.14 mi||East||3° 18' 53.6"||227.90 mi||South||807.93 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Tue 7:24 AM||279 km||174 miles||151 nm||NNW|
|Tambacounda||Tue 7:24 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||SW|
|Bamako||Tue 7:24 AM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||SE|
|Rosso||Tue 7:24 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||W|
|Gabú||Tue 7:24 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SW|
|Touba||Tue 7:24 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||WSW|
|Nouakchott||Tue 7:24 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||WNW|
|Farafenni||Tue 7:24 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||WSW|
|Bafatá||Tue 7:24 AM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||SW|
|Saint-Louis||Tue 7:24 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.