Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 7:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 07:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.35 meters/second, 1552.9 kilometres/hour, 964.9 miles/hour or 838.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.1"||964.67 mi||West||0° 07' 23.3"||8.47 mi||South||965.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 34.4"||769.31 mi||East||3° 19' 43.2"||228.85 mi||South||808.37 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Louis||Tue 7:50 AM||36 km||22 miles||19 nm||ESE|
|Rosso||Tue 7:50 AM||117 km||72 miles||63 nm||ENE|
|Thiès||Tue 7:50 AM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||S|
|Touba||Tue 7:50 AM||173 km||107 miles||93 nm||SE|
|Dakar||Tue 7:50 AM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||SSW|
|Nouakchott||Tue 7:50 AM||234 km||146 miles||126 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Tue 7:50 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||S|
|Serekunda||Tue 7:50 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||S|
|Farafenni||Tue 7:50 AM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||SSE|
|Ziguinchor||Tue 7:50 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.