Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 8:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 08:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.40 meters/second, 1553.0 kilometres/hour, 965.0 miles/hour or 838.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.2"||964.77 mi||West||0° 07' 24.2"||8.49 mi||South||965.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 33.8"||769.38 mi||East||3° 20' 02.2"||229.21 mi||South||808.54 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dakar||Tue 8:00 AM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||SE|
|Thiès||Tue 8:00 AM||288 km||179 miles||155 nm||ESE|
|Saint-Louis||Tue 8:00 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||E|
|Rosso||Tue 8:00 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||E|
|Touba||Tue 8:00 AM||386 km||240 miles||209 nm||ESE|
|Santa Maria||Tue 7:00 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||W|
|Serekunda||Tue 8:00 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Tue 8:00 AM||410 km||255 miles||222 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Tue 8:00 AM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||SE|
|Praia||Tue 7:00 AM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.