Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 08:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 08:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.46 meters/second, 1553.3 km/hour, 965.2 miles/hour or 838.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.2"||964.99 mi||west||0° 07' 25.4"||8.51 mi||south||965.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 33.0"||769.54 mi||east||3° 20' 30.8"||229.77 mi||south||808.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Maria||Tue 7:14 AM||58 km||36 miles||31 nm||N|
|Praia||Tue 7:14 AM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||SSW|
|Mindelo||Tue 7:14 AM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||WNW|
|Dakar||Tue 8:14 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||ESE|
|Thiès||Tue 8:14 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||ESE|
|Saint-Louis||Tue 8:14 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||E|
|Serekunda||Tue 8:14 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||ESE|
|Banjul||Tue 8:14 AM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||ESE|
|Rosso||Tue 8:14 AM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||E|
|Touba||Tue 8:14 AM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.