Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 08:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.55 meters/second, 1553.6 km/hour, 965.4 miles/hour or 838.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.4"||965.19 mi||west||0° 07' 27.1"||8.54 mi||south||965.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 31.8"||769.68 mi||east||3° 21' 08.8"||230.50 mi||south||809.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Tue 7:34 AM||308 km||192 miles||167 nm||ENE|
|Praia||Tue 7:34 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||ESE|
|Santa Maria||Tue 7:34 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||E|
|Dakar||Tue 8:34 AM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||E|
|Banjul||Tue 8:34 AM||1235 km||768 miles||667 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Tue 8:34 AM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Tue 8:34 AM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||ESE|
|Conakry||Tue 8:34 AM||1684 km||1047 miles||910 nm||ESE|
|Freetown||Tue 8:34 AM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Tue 8:34 AM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.