Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.71 meters/second, 1554.2 kilometres/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.6"||965.48 mi||West||0° 07' 30.0"||8.60 mi||South||965.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 30.1"||769.87 mi||East||3° 22' 14.7"||231.74 mi||South||809.73 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Tue 8:10 AM||1364 km||848 miles||737 nm||E|
|Dakar||Tue 9:10 AM||2017 km||1254 miles||1089 nm||E|
|Banjul||Tue 9:10 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1149 nm||E|
|Cayenne||Tue 6:10 AM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||WSW|
|Nouakchott||Tue 9:10 AM||2162 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Tue 6:10 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||S|
|Bissau||Tue 9:10 AM||2270 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||E|
|Belém||Tue 6:10 AM||2353 km||1462 miles||1271 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 6:10 AM||2357 km||1464 miles||1273 nm||WSW|
|Conakry||Tue 9:10 AM||2540 km||1578 miles||1371 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.