Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.90 meters/second, 1558.4 km/hour, 968.4 miles/hour or 841.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.8"||968.15 mi||West||0° 07' 52.0"||9.02 mi||South||968.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 21.6"||771.82 mi||East||3° 30' 26.7"||241.12 mi||South||814.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco *||Tue 8:34 AM||162 km||101 miles||88 nm||N|
|Cuernavaca *||Tue 8:34 AM||400 km||248 miles||216 nm||NNE|
|Oaxaca *||Tue 8:34 AM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||ENE|
|Santa María Huatulco *||Tue 8:34 AM||403 km||250 miles||218 nm||E|
|Mexico City *||Tue 8:34 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||NNE|
|Querétaro *||Tue 8:34 AM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||N|
|Colima *||Tue 8:34 AM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||NW|
|Veracruz *||Tue 8:34 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||NE|
|Leon *||Tue 8:34 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||NNW|
|Guadalajara *||Tue 8:34 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.