Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 2:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 14:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.02 meters/second, 1558.9 km/hour, 968.6 miles/hour or 841.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.9"||968.42 mi||West||0° 07' 54.1"||9.06 mi||South||968.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 21.3"||772.03 mi||East||3° 31' 14.5"||242.03 mi||South||814.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colima *||Tue 9:00 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Tue 9:00 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||N|
|Guadalajara *||Tue 9:00 AM||669 km||415 miles||361 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco *||Tue 9:00 AM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||ENE|
|Leon *||Tue 9:00 AM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes *||Tue 9:00 AM||840 km||522 miles||453 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan *||Tue 8:00 AM||871 km||542 miles||471 nm||N|
|Mexico City *||Tue 9:00 AM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||ENE|
|San Luis Potosi *||Tue 9:00 AM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||NE|
|Veracruz *||Tue 9:00 AM||1166 km||724 miles||629 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.