Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.00 meters/second, 1562.4 km/hour, 970.8 miles/hour or 843.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.6"||970.62 mi||West||0° 08' 11.7"||9.39 mi||South||970.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 21.8"||773.78 mi||East||3° 37' 45.7"||249.49 mi||South||818.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Tue 7:36 AM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Tue 7:36 AM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:36 AM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 6:36 AM||2436 km||1514 miles||1315 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:36 AM||2550 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:36 AM||3019 km||1876 miles||1630 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 5:36 AM||3387 km||2105 miles||1829 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:36 AM||3457 km||2148 miles||1867 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 7:36 AM||3490 km||2168 miles||1884 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:36 AM||3562 km||2214 miles||1924 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.