Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 7:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.43 meters/second, 1564.0 km/hour, 971.8 miles/hour or 844.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.8"||971.59 mi||West||0° 08' 19.1"||9.53 mi||South||971.94 mi|
|24 hours||348° 25' 35.8"||774.59 mi||West||3° 40' 32.9"||252.68 mi||South||820.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 7:10 AM||1162 km||722 miles||628 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Wed 7:10 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||WNW|
|Midway||Tue 8:10 AM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Wed 7:10 AM||1590 km||988 miles||859 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 7:10 AM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 7:10 AM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 6:10 AM||2396 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 7:10 AM||2563 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 9:10 AM||2592 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 8:10 AM||2882 km||1791 miles||1556 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.