Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.54 meters/second, 1564.4 km/hour, 972.0 miles/hour or 844.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.9"||971.83 mi||West||0° 08' 21.1"||9.57 mi||South||972.18 mi|
|24 hours||348° 25' 34.9"||774.80 mi||West||3° 41' 15.3"||253.49 mi||South||820.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 7:34 AM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Wed 7:34 AM||845 km||525 miles||457 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 7:34 AM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 7:34 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Wed 6:34 AM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Tue 8:34 AM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Tue 7:34 AM||1980 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Wed 7:34 AM||2651 km||1647 miles||1432 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Wed 6:34 AM||3014 km||1873 miles||1628 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 5:34 AM||3035 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.