Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 8:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 20:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.66 meters/second, 1564.8 km/hour, 972.3 miles/hour or 844.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.1"||972.10 mi||West||0° 08' 23.1"||9.61 mi||South||972.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 25.9"||775.02 mi||East||3° 42' 01.1"||254.36 mi||South||821.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 8:00 AM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||N|
|Kwajalein||Wed 8:00 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Wed 8:00 AM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 7:00 AM||1245 km||774 miles||672 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 8:00 AM||1615 km||1004 miles||872 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 8:00 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 9:00 AM||2248 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||NE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 6:00 AM||2357 km||1465 miles||1273 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:00 AM||2451 km||1523 miles||1323 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Wed 7:00 AM||2749 km||1708 miles||1484 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.