Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.71 meters/second, 1564.9 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.1"||972.20 mi||West||0° 08' 23.8"||9.62 mi||South||972.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 26.3"||775.11 mi||East||3° 42' 18.5"||254.70 mi||South||821.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 8:10 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||NNE|
|Kwajalein||Wed 8:10 AM||751 km||467 miles||405 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 7:10 AM||1063 km||661 miles||574 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Wed 8:10 AM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 8:10 AM||1694 km||1052 miles||914 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 8:10 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 6:10 AM||2096 km||1302 miles||1132 nm||W|
|Midway||Tue 9:10 AM||2440 km||1516 miles||1317 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:10 AM||2658 km||1652 miles||1435 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Wed 7:10 AM||2688 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.