Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 8:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.75 meters/second, 1565.1 km/hour, 972.5 miles/hour or 845.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.1"||972.30 mi||West||0° 08' 24.7"||9.64 mi||South||972.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 26.8"||775.20 mi||East||3° 42' 36.1"||255.03 mi||South||821.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 8:20 AM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Wed 7:20 AM||923 km||573 miles||498 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 8:20 AM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 8:20 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 6:20 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 8:20 AM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||SE|
|Midway||Tue 9:20 AM||2641 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Wed 7:20 AM||2653 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:20 AM||2875 km||1787 miles||1552 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Wed 5:20 AM||3057 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.