Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.95 meters/second, 1576.6 km/hour, 979.7 miles/hour or 851.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.3"||979.49 mi||West||0° 09' 18.7"||10.67 mi||South||979.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 39.4"||782.27 mi||East||4° 02' 23.9"||277.67 mi||South||835.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bamako||Wed 8:10 AM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||E|
|Tambacounda||Wed 8:10 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||WNW|
|Kindia||Wed 8:10 AM||426 km||264 miles||230 nm||SW|
|Gabú||Wed 8:10 AM||453 km||281 miles||245 nm||W|
|Koidu||Wed 8:10 AM||464 km||289 miles||251 nm||SSW|
|Makeni||Wed 8:10 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||SSW|
|Boké||Wed 8:10 AM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||WSW|
|Bafatá||Wed 8:10 AM||501 km||311 miles||271 nm||W|
|Koutiala||Wed 8:10 AM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||E|
|Sikasso||Wed 8:10 AM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.