Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 8:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 08:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.99 meters/second, 1576.8 kilometres/hour, 979.8 miles/hour or 851.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.3"||979.57 mi||West||0° 09' 19.3"||10.68 mi||South||979.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 40.7"||782.36 mi||East||4° 02' 36.5"||277.92 mi||South||835.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tambacounda||Wed 8:18 AM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||WNW|
|Gabú||Wed 8:18 AM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||WSW|
|Bafatá||Wed 8:18 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||WSW|
|Kindia||Wed 8:18 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||SSW|
|Boké||Wed 8:18 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||SW|
|Farafenni||Wed 8:18 AM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||WNW|
|Bissau||Wed 8:18 AM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||WSW|
|Conakry||Wed 8:18 AM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||SSW|
|Makeni||Wed 8:18 AM||425 km||264 miles||230 nm||S|
|Bamako||Wed 8:18 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.