Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.85 meters/second, 1587.0 km/hour, 986.1 miles/hour or 856.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.6"||985.98 mi||West||0° 10' 06.0"||11.57 mi||South||986.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 18.8"||790.50 mi||East||4° 19' 19.5"||297.03 mi||South||849.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Wed 7:28 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 7:28 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 7:28 AM||1769 km||1099 miles||955 nm||SW|
|Midway||Wed 8:28 AM||1943 km||1208 miles||1049 nm||N|
|Honolulu||Wed 9:28 AM||2083 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:28 AM||2110 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Thu 7:28 AM||2261 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 8:28 AM||2267 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 7:28 AM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 7:28 AM||2451 km||1523 miles||1323 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.