Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.02 meters/second, 1587.7 kilometres/hour, 986.5 miles/hour or 857.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.2"||986.36 mi||West||0° 10' 08.9"||11.62 mi||South||986.71 mi|
|24 hours||348° 21' 27.9"||791.06 mi||West||4° 20' 18.1"||298.15 mi||South||850.00 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Thu 8:10 AM||628 km||391 miles||339 nm||SW|
|Kwajalein||Thu 8:10 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 8:10 AM||1081 km||672 miles||584 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 8:10 AM||1351 km||840 miles||730 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 8:10 AM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Thu 8:10 AM||1588 km||987 miles||857 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 7:10 AM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||W|
|Midway||Wed 9:10 AM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Thu 8:10 AM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Thu 9:10 AM||2661 km||1653 miles||1437 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.