Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.09 meters/second, 1587.9 km/hour, 986.7 miles/hour or 857.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.1"||986.53 mi||West||0° 10' 10.1"||11.65 mi||South||986.87 mi|
|24 hours||348° 21' 22.2"||791.30 mi||West||4° 20' 43.2"||298.63 mi||South||850.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Thu 8:28 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 8:28 AM||1049 km||652 miles||566 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Thu 8:28 AM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Thu 8:28 AM||1343 km||834 miles||725 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Thu 7:28 AM||1511 km||939 miles||816 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 8:28 AM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||SE|
|Midway||Wed 9:28 AM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Thu 8:28 AM||2302 km||1431 miles||1243 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Thu 7:28 AM||2565 km||1594 miles||1385 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 6:28 AM||2909 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.