Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 8:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.13 meters/second, 1588.1 km/hour, 986.8 miles/hour or 857.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.0"||986.62 mi||West||0° 10' 10.7"||11.66 mi||South||986.96 mi|
|24 hours||348° 21' 18.9"||791.43 mi||West||4° 20' 57.0"||298.89 mi||South||850.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Thu 8:38 AM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 8:38 AM||484 km||301 miles||262 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Thu 8:38 AM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Thu 8:38 AM||1124 km||698 miles||607 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 7:38 AM||1257 km||781 miles||679 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Thu 8:38 AM||1267 km||787 miles||684 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 8:38 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||SE|
|Midway||Wed 9:38 AM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Thu 8:38 AM||2414 km||1500 miles||1303 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Thu 7:38 AM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.