Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.13 meters/second, 1588.1 km/hour, 986.8 miles/hour or 857.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.45 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||south||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.0"||986.62 mi||west||0° 10' 10.7"||11.66 mi||south||986.96 mi|
|24 hours||348° 21' 18.9"||791.43 mi||west||4° 20' 57.0"||298.89 mi||south||850.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Thu 8:38 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Thu 8:38 AM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Thu 8:38 AM||1124 km||698 miles||607 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 7:38 AM||1257 km||781 miles||679 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Thu 8:38 AM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 8:38 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||SE|
|Midway||Wed 9:38 AM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Thu 8:38 AM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Thu 7:38 AM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 6:38 AM||2648 km||1646 miles||1430 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.