Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 1:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 01:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.27 meters/second, 1592.2 kilometres/hour, 989.3 miles/hour or 859.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.7"||989.17 mi||West||0° 10' 29.3"||12.01 mi||South||989.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 24.4"||795.48 mi||East||4° 27' 25.5"||306.29 mi||South||856.67 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Na Thon (Ko Samui)||Thu 8:28 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||ESE|
|Phuket||Thu 8:28 AM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||S|
|Hat Yai||Thu 8:28 AM||371 km||230 miles||200 nm||SSE|
|Pattaya||Thu 8:28 AM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||NE|
|Kangar||Thu 9:28 AM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||SSE|
|Alor Setar||Thu 9:28 AM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||SSE|
|Bangkok||Thu 8:28 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||NNE|
|Dawei||Thu 7:58 AM||466 km||289 miles||252 nm||N|
|George Town||Thu 9:28 AM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||SSE|
|Sihanoukville||Thu 8:28 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.