Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 7:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 07:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.59 meters/second, 1596.9 kilometres/hour, 992.3 miles/hour or 862.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.6"||992.13 mi||West||0° 10' 51.1"||12.43 mi||South||992.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 00.9"||800.88 mi||East||4° 34' 51.0"||314.78 mi||South||864.34 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jalingo||Thu 8:28 AM||35 km||22 miles||19 nm||W|
|Garoua||Thu 8:28 AM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||ENE|
|Ngaoundéré||Thu 8:28 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||SE|
|Maroua||Thu 8:28 AM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||NE|
|Bamenda||Thu 8:28 AM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||SSW|
|Makurdi||Thu 8:28 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||WSW|
|Maiduguri||Thu 8:28 AM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||NNE|
|Abuja||Thu 8:28 AM||461 km||287 miles||249 nm||W|
|Moundou||Thu 8:28 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||E|
|Kano||Thu 8:28 AM||490 km||304 miles||265 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.