Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 08:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 08:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.83 meters/second, 1597.8 km/hour, 992.8 miles/hour or 862.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||south||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.6"||992.75 mi||west||0° 10' 55.2"||12.51 mi||south||993.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 35.8"||802.06 mi||east||4° 36' 14.0"||316.39 mi||south||865.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Korhogo||Thu 8:38 AM||93 km||58 miles||50 nm||N|
|Bouaké||Thu 8:38 AM||117 km||73 miles||63 nm||SSE|
|Dabakala||Thu 8:38 AM||125 km||78 miles||67 nm||ESE|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 8:38 AM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||S|
|Daloa||Thu 8:38 AM||218 km||135 miles||118 nm||SSW|
|Man||Thu 8:38 AM||260 km||161 miles||140 nm||WSW|
|Sikasso||Thu 8:38 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||N|
|Divo||Thu 8:38 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||S|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 8:38 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||NNE|
|Nzérékoré||Thu 8:38 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.