Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 08:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.86 meters/second, 1597.9 km/hour, 992.9 miles/hour or 862.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.5"||992.75 mi||West||0° 10' 55.6"||12.52 mi||South||993.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 40.1"||802.14 mi||East||4° 36' 24.2"||316.56 mi||South||866.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Man||Thu 8:48 AM||131 km||82 miles||71 nm||S|
|Nzérékoré||Thu 8:48 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||SW|
|Daloa||Thu 8:48 AM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||SE|
|Korhogo||Thu 8:48 AM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||ENE|
|Gbarnga||Thu 8:48 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||SW|
|Bouaké||Thu 8:48 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||ESE|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 8:48 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||SE|
|Dabakala||Thu 8:48 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||E|
|Koidu||Thu 8:48 AM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||W|
|Kakata||Thu 8:48 AM||373 km||231 miles||201 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.