Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 9:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 09:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.03 meters/second, 1598.5 kilometres/hour, 993.3 miles/hour or 863.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.8"||993.13 mi||West||0° 10' 58.6"||12.57 mi||South||993.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 05.5"||802.94 mi||East||4° 37' 21.4"||317.65 mi||South||867.13 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bissau||Thu 9:38 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||NE|
|Ziguinchor||Thu 9:38 AM||596 km||371 miles||322 nm||NE|
|Serekunda||Thu 9:38 AM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Thu 9:38 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||NNE|
|Boké||Thu 9:38 AM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Thu 9:38 AM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||E|
|Bafatá||Thu 9:38 AM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Thu 9:38 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||E|
|Farafenni||Thu 9:38 AM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||NE|
|Dakar||Thu 9:38 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.