Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 10:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 10:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.20 meters/second, 1599.1 km/hour, 993.6 miles/hour or 863.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.1"||993.50 mi||West||0° 11' 01.4"||12.63 mi||South||993.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 31.4"||803.75 mi||East||4° 38' 17.7"||318.72 mi||South||868.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Thu 9:28 AM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Thu 7:28 AM||1520 km||945 miles||821 nm||SSW|
|Dakar||Thu 10:28 AM||1726 km||1072 miles||932 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Thu 10:28 AM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Thu 10:28 AM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Thu 7:28 AM||1839 km||1142 miles||993 nm||S|
|Conakry||Thu 10:28 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Thu 10:28 AM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Thu 10:28 AM||2053 km||1276 miles||1108 nm||E|
|Belém||Thu 7:28 AM||2134 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.