Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.93 meters/second, 1601.8 km/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.5"||995.14 mi||West||0° 11' 14.0"||12.87 mi||South||995.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 38.9"||807.56 mi||East||4° 42' 25.1"||323.43 mi||South||873.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alajuela||Thu 8:18 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Thu 8:18 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||NE|
|Masaya||Thu 8:18 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 8:18 AM||523 km||325 miles||283 nm||NNE|
|David||Thu 9:18 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||E|
|Matagalpa||Thu 8:18 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Thu 8:18 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Thu 8:18 AM||701 km||436 miles||379 nm||NNW|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 8:18 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Thu 8:18 AM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.