Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 7:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 19:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.85 meters/second, 1605.1 km/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||997.20 mi||West||0° 11' 30.3"||13.18 mi||South||997.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 59.9"||813.15 mi||East||4° 47' 36.9"||329.38 mi||South||880.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 9:38 AM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Thu 7:38 AM||1465 km||911 miles||791 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 9:38 AM||1799 km||1118 miles||972 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 8:38 AM||1895 km||1178 miles||1023 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 9:38 AM||2380 km||1479 miles||1285 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 7:38 AM||2428 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 7:38 AM||2517 km||1564 miles||1359 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 7:38 AM||2621 km||1628 miles||1415 nm||W|
|Midway||Thu 8:38 AM||2732 km||1697 miles||1475 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Thu 8:38 AM||2887 km||1794 miles||1559 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.