Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.93 meters/second, 1605.3 km/hour, 997.5 miles/hour or 866.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.9"||997.38 mi||West||0° 11' 31.8"||13.20 mi||South||997.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 20.0"||813.70 mi||East||4° 48' 04.2"||329.90 mi||South||880.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Thu 8:08 AM||844 km||524 miles||455 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 10:08 AM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Fri 8:08 AM||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 9:08 AM||1755 km||1090 miles||948 nm||S|
|Majuro||Fri 8:08 AM||1820 km||1131 miles||982 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 8:08 AM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 10:08 AM||2246 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Thu 10:08 AM||2252 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Fri 8:08 AM||2449 km||1522 miles||1322 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Thu 9:08 AM||2468 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.