Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.98 meters/second, 1605.5 kilometres/hour, 997.6 miles/hour or 866.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.4"||997.50 mi||West||0° 11' 32.7"||13.22 mi||South||997.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 33.6"||814.06 mi||East||4° 48' 22.2"||330.24 mi||South||881.15 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Thu 8:28 AM||621 km||386 miles||336 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 8:28 AM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 8:28 AM||1239 km||770 miles||669 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 8:28 AM||1286 km||799 miles||694 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 8:28 AM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 9:28 AM||1860 km||1156 miles||1004 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 8:28 AM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 10:28 AM||2241 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Fri 8:28 AM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Fri 10:28 AM||2313 km||1437 miles||1249 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.