Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 8:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.01 meters/second, 1605.6 km/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 867.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.3"||997.56 mi||West||0° 11' 33.2"||13.23 mi||South||997.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 40.6"||814.24 mi||East||4° 48' 31.0"||330.41 mi||South||881.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Thu 8:38 AM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Thu 8:38 AM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 8:38 AM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 8:38 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 8:38 AM||1655 km||1028 miles||894 nm||S|
|Yaren||Fri 8:38 AM||1699 km||1056 miles||918 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 9:38 AM||1966 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Fri 8:38 AM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Fri 10:38 AM||2390 km||1485 miles||1291 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Thu 9:38 AM||2426 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.