Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 9:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 21:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.16 meters/second, 1606.2 km/hour, 998.0 miles/hour or 867.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.0"||997.90 mi||West||0° 11' 36.1"||13.29 mi||South||998.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 22.2"||815.34 mi||East||4° 49' 23.8"||331.41 mi||South||882.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Fri 9:38 AM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||E|
|Yaren||Fri 9:38 AM||751 km||466 miles||405 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 8:38 AM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 9:38 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Fri 9:38 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||N|
|Honiara||Fri 8:38 AM||1855 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 9:38 AM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Fri 9:38 AM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 7:38 AM||2471 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Fri 8:38 AM||2658 km||1652 miles||1435 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.