Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 1:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 01:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.68 meters/second, 1608.1 kilometres/hour, 999.2 miles/hour or 868.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.0"||999.08 mi||West||0° 11' 46.0"||13.48 mi||South||999.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 03.5"||819.46 mi||East||4° 52' 24.6"||334.86 mi||South||887.40 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Fri 9:18 AM||173 km||108 miles||93 nm||SE|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 9:18 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||ESE|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 9:18 AM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||ESE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 9:18 AM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||ESE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 9:18 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||E|
|Sibu||Fri 9:18 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||SSW|
|Sarikei||Fri 9:18 AM||398 km||248 miles||215 nm||SSW|
|Kuching||Fri 9:18 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||SSW|
|Pontianak||Fri 8:18 AM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||SSW|
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 9:18 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.