Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 12, 2012 at 01:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 01:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.69 meters/second, 1608.1 km/hour, 999.2 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||south||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.0"||999.15 mi||west||0° 11' 46.1"||13.48 mi||south||999.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 04.4"||819.54 mi||east||4° 52' 25.5"||334.90 mi||south||887.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Fri 9:18 AM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||SE|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 9:18 AM||207 km||128 miles||112 nm||ESE|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 9:18 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||ESE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 9:18 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||ESE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 9:18 AM||390 km||243 miles||211 nm||E|
|Kuching||Fri 9:18 AM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||SSW|
|Pontianak||Fri 8:18 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||SSW|
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 9:18 AM||827 km||514 miles||446 nm||NE|
|Nha Trang||Fri 8:18 AM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||NNW|
|Palangka Raya||Fri 8:18 AM||862 km||536 miles||466 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.