Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 1:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 01:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.71 meters/second, 1608.1 km/hour, 999.3 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 34.7"||999.13 mi||West||0° 11' 46.5"||13.48 mi||South||999.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 11.2"||819.65 mi||East||4° 52' 32.4"||335.01 mi||South||887.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Fri 9:28 AM||410 km||255 miles||222 nm||ESE|
|Kuching||Fri 9:28 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||S|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 9:28 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||ESE|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 9:28 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||E|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 9:28 AM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||E|
|Pontianak||Fri 8:28 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SSW|
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 9:28 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||E|
|Ho Chi Minh||Fri 8:28 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||NW|
|Cần Thơ||Fri 8:28 AM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||NW|
|Tanjung Pinang||Fri 8:28 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.