Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 12, 2012 at 01:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 01:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.73 meters/second, 1608.2 km/hour, 999.3 miles/hour or 868.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||south||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 34.5"||999.18 mi||west||0° 11' 47.0"||13.49 mi||south||999.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 19.7"||819.86 mi||east||4° 52' 40.9"||335.17 mi||south||887.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuching||Fri 9:38 AM||514 km||319 miles||277 nm||SE|
|Kuantan||Fri 9:38 AM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||WSW|
|Cần Thơ||Fri 8:38 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||NNW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Fri 8:38 AM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||N|
|Tanjung Pinang||Fri 8:38 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Johor Bahru||Fri 9:38 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||SW|
|Pontianak||Fri 8:38 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SSE|
|Singapore||Fri 9:38 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||SW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 9:38 AM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||WSW|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 9:38 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.