Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 2:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 02:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.79 meters/second, 1608.5 kilometres/hour, 999.4 miles/hour or 868.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.8"||999.32 mi||West||0° 11' 48.2"||13.52 mi||South||999.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 42.1"||820.41 mi||East||4° 53' 03.1"||335.59 mi||South||888.48 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|George Town||Fri 10:08 AM||50 km||31 miles||27 nm||WNW|
|Ipoh||Fri 10:08 AM||87 km||54 miles||47 nm||SSE|
|Alor Setar||Fri 10:08 AM||100 km||62 miles||54 nm||NNW|
|Kangar||Fri 10:08 AM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||NNW|
|Langkawi||Fri 10:08 AM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||NW|
|Kota Bharu||Fri 10:08 AM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||ENE|
|Hat Yai||Fri 9:08 AM||190 km||118 miles||103 nm||N|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 10:08 AM||260 km||162 miles||140 nm||SSE|
|Shah Alam||Fri 10:08 AM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||SSE|
|Kuala Terengganu||Fri 10:08 AM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.