Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 2:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.82 meters/second, 1608.5 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.6"||999.37 mi||West||0° 11' 48.6"||13.53 mi||South||999.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 50.0"||820.61 mi||East||4° 53' 10.6"||335.74 mi||South||888.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Medan||Fri 9:18 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||S|
|Langkawi||Fri 10:18 AM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||NE|
|George Town||Fri 10:18 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||E|
|Alor Setar||Fri 10:18 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||ENE|
|Pematangsiantar||Fri 9:18 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||SSE|
|Phuket||Fri 9:18 AM||288 km||179 miles||155 nm||N|
|Hat Yai||Fri 9:18 AM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||NE|
|Ipoh||Fri 10:18 AM||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||ESE|
|Banda Aceh||Fri 9:18 AM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||W|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 10:18 AM||440 km||273 miles||238 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.