Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 2:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.84 meters/second, 1608.6 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.2"||999.42 mi||West||0° 11' 49.1"||13.53 mi||South||999.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 57.7"||820.80 mi||East||4° 53' 18.1"||335.88 mi||South||888.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Banda Aceh||Fri 9:28 AM||76 km||47 miles||41 nm||WNW|
|Medan||Fri 9:28 AM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||ESE|
|Phuket||Fri 9:28 AM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||NE|
|Pematangsiantar||Fri 9:28 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||SE|
|George Town||Fri 10:28 AM||488 km||303 miles||264 nm||E|
|Alor Setar||Fri 10:28 AM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||ENE|
|Hat Yai||Fri 9:28 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||ENE|
|Ipoh||Fri 10:28 AM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||E|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 10:28 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||ESE|
|Johor Bahru||Fri 10:28 AM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.