Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 2:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 02:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.86 meters/second, 1608.7 km/hour, 999.6 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.1"||999.46 mi||West||0° 11' 49.5"||13.54 mi||South||999.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 05.6"||820.99 mi||East||4° 53' 25.5"||336.02 mi||South||889.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Banda Aceh||Fri 9:38 AM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||E|
|Medan||Fri 9:38 AM||601 km||373 miles||324 nm||ESE|
|Phuket||Fri 9:38 AM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||ENE|
|Pematangsiantar||Fri 9:38 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||ESE|
|Hat Yai||Fri 9:38 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||ENE|
|Ipoh||Fri 10:38 AM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||E|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 10:38 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||ESE|
|Bangkok||Fri 9:38 AM||1214 km||754 miles||655 nm||NE|
|Singapore||Fri 10:38 AM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||ESE|
|Yangon||Fri 9:08 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.