Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 3:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 03:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.94 meters/second, 1609.0 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.0"||999.65 mi||West||0° 11' 51.2"||13.57 mi||South||999.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 37.2"||821.77 mi||East||4° 53' 55.0"||336.58 mi||South||889.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kalmunai||Fri 8:48 AM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||NW|
|Kandy||Fri 8:48 AM||431 km||268 miles||232 nm||NW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 8:48 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||WNW|
|Trincomalee||Fri 8:48 AM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||NW|
|Colombo||Fri 8:48 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||WNW|
|Madurai||Fri 8:48 AM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||NW|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 8:48 AM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||WNW|
|Chennai||Fri 8:48 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||NNW|
|Bengaluru||Fri 8:48 AM||1112 km||691 miles||600 nm||NW|
|Male||Fri 8:18 AM||1150 km||715 miles||621 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.