Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 3:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 03:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.96 meters/second, 1609.1 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 31.8"||999.70 mi||West||0° 11' 51.6"||13.58 mi||South||999.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 45.2"||821.96 mi||East||4° 54' 02.1"||336.72 mi||South||890.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galle||Fri 8:58 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 8:58 AM||262 km||163 miles||142 nm||NW|
|Kandy||Fri 8:58 AM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||NNW|
|Kalmunai||Fri 8:58 AM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||N|
|Colombo||Fri 8:58 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||NW|
|Trincomalee||Fri 8:58 AM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||N|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 8:58 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||NW|
|Madurai||Fri 8:58 AM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNW|
|Male||Fri 8:28 AM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||W|
|Chennai||Fri 8:58 AM||897 km||558 miles||484 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.