Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 3:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 03:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.98 meters/second, 1609.1 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 31.6"||999.74 mi||West||0° 11' 52.0"||13.59 mi||South||999.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 53.3"||822.16 mi||East||4° 54' 09.3"||336.86 mi||South||890.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galle||Fri 9:08 AM||175 km||109 miles||95 nm||NE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 9:08 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||NNE|
|Colombo||Fri 9:08 AM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||NNE|
|Kandy||Fri 9:08 AM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||NE|
|Kalmunai||Fri 9:08 AM||410 km||255 miles||222 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 9:08 AM||447 km||278 miles||242 nm||NNW|
|Trincomalee||Fri 9:08 AM||464 km||288 miles||251 nm||NNE|
|Madurai||Fri 9:08 AM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||N|
|Theni||Fri 9:08 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||NNW|
|Male||Fri 8:38 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.