Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 4:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 04:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.08 meters/second, 1609.5 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 30.3"||999.97 mi||West||0° 11' 54.1"||13.63 mi||South||1000.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 33.7"||823.13 mi||East||4° 54' 44.8"||337.53 mi||South||891.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Fri 9:28 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||ENE|
|Male||Fri 9:28 AM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||E|
|Addu City||Fri 9:28 AM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||SE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 9:58 AM||1181 km||734 miles||638 nm||ENE|
|Madurai||Fri 9:58 AM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||ENE|
|Colombo||Fri 9:58 AM||1451 km||902 miles||784 nm||E|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 9:58 AM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||E|
|Bengaluru||Fri 9:58 AM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||NE|
|Diego Garcia||Fri 10:28 AM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||SSE|
|Victoria||Fri 8:28 AM||1649 km||1025 miles||891 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.